Connor at 1 year old:
* Connor adores his big brother. They play very well together and Aidan often requests that they play alone.... He will say "Out Mommy. Aidan Connor play now." It's very funny!
* He eats EVERYTHING! Honestly, he eats more than Aidan does. Connor chows down on grilled cheese and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, even though he only has two teeth. He loves berries, yogurt, cheese, cereal with milk, watermelon, asparagus, you name it... he eats it! Connor also drinks very well out of a cup.
* I am still nursing him 2-3 times a day. I'm not sure when I will stop. At this point, I think I do it more for me than for him. The only time he nurses well is in the mornings.
* He cruises all over the furniture. He also can stand up by himself, but doesn't seem too interested in walking yet.
*He is Mama's helper and loves to "unload" the dishwasher! And "feed and water" the dog.
* Connor is a speed crawler! He gets around very well on all fours, which is why I think he isn't too keen on walking... it takes too long!
* He really enjoys watching Baby Einstein. He also loves it when Aidan watches Barney or any other show that has singing and dancing.
* Connor can say "Mama", "Dada" and "bye bye". He waves hello and goodbye to people and lights up when Daddy comes home from work!
* He absolutely loves our cat and dog. Petting them is one of his favorite things, although I don't think they're too keen on it!
* He enjoys being outside and going on walks- especially in the wagon.
* Connor is very easygoing and is a good travel companion. Like any baby, when he's tired he gets cranky... but otherwise he is usually in great spirits. He has driven to Ohio twice with us in the car and has flown 4 times roundtrip in his short little life.
* He has a "lovey" that seems to go everywhere with him. It's a Goofy doll that my Mom got for him at the Disney Store. It is definitely his favorite toy and he clutches it as he falls asleep for naps and bedtime. He also uses a binky still to fall asleep. A habit we're hoping to break in the near future...
* Our little C-man is a silly boy and loves to make up games. Right now he has two favorites. One is where he pretends to "cuddle" my shoulder and then pulls his head away really quickly and laughs. The second is where he throws his head back so that I can't see his face. Then I say "where's connor?" and he thrusts his face forward into mine and squeals with laughter!
*Connor is very demanding. He gets very impatient sometimes and when he wants something, he WANTS it NOW!
*He is a water baby! We went to a waterpark over the weekend and Connor didn't want to get out of the pool! He loves it when we go to the YMCA and he can crawl all over in the zero-entry pool and splashpad. In fact, we are having his birthday there this weekend!
|Connor and his future wife. :)|
Today for his birthday we went to storytime at the library. Afterward I took him to the Rainforest Cafe with some friends. That was followed by a visit to the Pediatrician for his 12 month check-up. Our poor little guy had to get three shots AND had a double ear infection. Boo!
After nap and a dinner we went and had frozen custard with some more friends to celebrate! We are so very blessed to have wonderful people around us that love our boys.
Happy, happy birthday my sweet Connor! Mommy, Daddy and Aidan love you so very much! :)