This is my 500th post! Can you believe it? It’s hard to imagine that I’ve been writing this blog for 4 1/2 years now. So much has happened since the beginning. I’m so glad that you have all stuck around through it all. Thank you! 🙂
Last year I stuck to a few resolutions, none of which had to do with our home. This year, I do want to add on some Home Goals to my resolutions I’ve all ready made. I’ve decided to hold myself accountable by sharing them with you. Hopefully this will force me to finish up a few things that I have been wanting need to do to get our house into shape!
Now, without further ado….
1. Master Bedroom/Bathroom- While this room has come leaps and bounds in the past few months, there’s still a long way to go until it’s finished. But progress is being made! 🙂
*Finish painting/stencil our accent wall
*Paint bathroom walls and vanity
*Organize closet (bins)
2. Craft Area- I’m so glad we were able to rearrange our room so that I’d have a craft area. Now I need to get on it and get this space ready for some major crafting! 🙂
*Organize, organize, organize!!
3. Playroom- This is a new space for us. We finally bit the bullet over the holidays and moved the boys into the same room. They’re currently sharing Aidan’s room and the nursery is being converted into a playroom. Can I get a hallelujiah for getting all of these toys out of my living room?
*Create closet reading nook
*More toy storage (furniture and bins)
4. Living Room- Speak of the devil! This room has come leaps and bounds since we moved in. You can see its changes over the years here, here, here and here. We still have things to do and I’m excited to get moving on them!
*Mount TV above fireplace (This has been on our to-do list for over 2 years. IT HAS TO GET DONE!!)
*Find end tables
5. Breakfast Area- This space is looking better and better. New artwork on the walls, a lamp I got for a steal from the West Elm outlet and a soft, grey color on the walls. It only needs a few touches to be complete!
*Add beadboard (This is another one that’s been on our list for a few years now!)
6. Kitchen- One of the most used rooms in our house… it’s definitely one that needs some finishing touches. And a little bit of organizational help. 😉
*New light fixture above sink
Pretty lofty goals, huh? I don’t anticipate spending gobs of money on these goals. Really I just need to write out a game plan, save a little money, get off my butt and “git ‘er done!”. 🙂
Do you have any Home Goals this year? I’d love to hear them!